Friday, January 04, 2013

January 3, 2013

January 3, 2013 (Thursday)
(Post 698, Day 3 of 2013, 734 days since starting this blog)


Daily Comment
My band is going on a ten-week hiatus, and I love them a lot and it is unavoidable (the leader of the band is having surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome) and I find myself more than a little upset at the prospect.

That's what comes from thinking about the future. In the present (all we actually have, and we can never hold on to it), everything is fine.

I'm grateful, as the good Buddhists say, for every dark night that turns into a new sunrise. Yet, when I regard the prospect of future sunrises, it puts me in the uncertain future, one where alarm clocks don't work so you miss those sunrises.

My alarm clock doesn't work, and hasn't since I got back from North Carolina, two weeks ago. I bought a replacement from Amazon, it was DOA, I'm waiting for the return process to start, and have to buy a new one this weekend.

But I digress.

My band is on hiatus, and the prospects of playing have been substantially reduced, thanks to a couple of changes in open mic schedules (one is down to once-a-month, and only sometimes, one moved to the same night as another, one changed the host band and is now incompatible with jamming - bands, or solo artists only). Since I have become somewhat addicted (as in, dependent) on ensemble playing opportunities, this means that this year, I can only reliably depend on one or two nights a week of playing.

That's not enough for me. I need something else to take its place, and must accept whatever comes my way.

But I will have to fight my tendency to fill those gaps with passivity, for example, TV.

  
Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 
First-half year 2013 daily weight from December 31, 2012
Food and Diet Section

 Today's Weight:        205.0 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    204.4 lbs
Day Net Loss/Gain:     + 0.6 lbs


Diet Comment
 Eating lunch out, so minimal breakfast. Unfortunately, I got tired, and stayed up late, and ended the day with a little cereal cheat.

Food Log
Breakfast
Chia gel.

Lunch
At Ling-Ling Chinese Buffet:
From the "Mongolian Grill", chicken, pork, bean sprouts, cabbage, onions, peppers, broccoli, mushrooms in garlic and hot pepper sauce. And kimchi (new spelling found while researching - unsuccessfully - for local buying sources). Not shown: Brussels sprouts.

Dinner

Chili (organic ground beef, mushrooms, diced tomatoes, black beans and spices) with peas. Not shown: Sprng Mix, red cabbage and balsamic vinaigrette.

Liquid Intake   
   Coffee:   20 oz,  Water:  84+ oz.

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home